- Latest News
- August - It's Dental Health Month
August - It's Dental Health Month
Mon Aug 8 4:48:00 UTC 2016
The team at Bright Star Dental is passionate about dentistry and creating beautiful smiles. To raise awareness for Dental Health Month 2016, we are providing 5 simple health habits for kids.
5 Healthy Dental Habits 4 Kids
1. First Visit - baby teeth are important. They maintain space for adult teeth to erupt and guide into place with little fuss. From the age of 2 on wards, we recommend you bring your child to the dental practice for their first dental visit.
2. Toothbrush - use a soft bristled children's size toothbrush. No toothpaste is needed until the age of 18 months. After that age, please select an age-appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste to protect and strengthen.
3. Water - rethink their drink!! Check the sugar content in fruit juices and soft drinks. Tap water is the best option.
4. Clean Teeth - spend 2-3 minutes of gentle brushing of their teeth and gums; and once old enough, introduce dental floss into their daily cleaning routine.
5. Healthy Food - eating foods high in sugar can cause tooth decay. Monitor and reduce the intake of these sugary snacks and replace with a healthier alternative like fruit and vegetables.
You may also be interested in...
- Ms Kimberley Tomkins under Hygienists and Dental Therapists
Kimberley is a long-standing and much loved part of the Bright Star Dental team. After graduating from Otago University in New Zealand,...
- It's Dental Health Week under Dental Health Month
Welcome to Dental Health Week 2016!
- Dentures under General Dentistry
Dentures are a removable replacement for missing teeth.
- Ms Linda Guiraldenq under Hygienists and Dental Therapists
Linda has been an integral part of Bright Star for over 6 years.
- Children's Dentistry under Services
Bright Star Dental loves kids, and our team of dentists and dental therapists are well trained and show tenderness and care when...